Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mmmm... Monsters

Extras... you get to be in a movie! Is it going to be in theaters? Well, uh... uhm... you get to have smelly crap glued to your face! Is Tom Cruise in it? Uhm... maybe? You don't get paid! And you can be half blind! Do I at least get a free lunch? Sure, if you can eat and drink through a straw! Hey, don't go! I need you to sign a waiver too! And I wonder why we have problems finding people. So yeah, makeup takes several hours at least. For the “hero” creature, it takes even longer especially the appliance blending. We use tissue paper, Pros-Aide adhesive, and PAX paint for that. Unbeatable combination... you know... for making the living dead. My aunt and uncle weren't a bit surprised to see ten monsters in full bloody regalia sitting around their kitchen table, eating homemade sandwiches, telling jokes and laughing. Who says a zombie lunch can't be heartwarming? Nah, they're not really "zombies." They don't eat the dead or turn other people by biting them. The mysterious black figures in the film experiment on the dead and turn them into these "creatures." Yep, I spent time thinking about that. Yep, that's why I'm single. By the end of the day, nobody wants to be a movie again (actually some do... they're crazy I know). Food helps. If you’re ever in Clinton, Missouri, all I can say is... Pizza Glen. Mmmmm... pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment