Monday, December 28, 2015

Bone Tomahawk (2015) brings the goods.

If you're not a fan of Kurt Russell, I really don't know what to say to you. He was reason alone for me to see this movie. Add to that the irresistible mix of horror and a classic Western then there's no way I can refuse. Of course, Richard Jenkins, Patrick Wilson, Matthew Fox, and Lili Simmons (Banshee!) can't be ignored either. That is one hell of a cast. Some might complain the beginning is a tad slow, but they need to be more patient. The end rewards those who wait, and damn, is it incredible. I'd love to see more horror Westerns. The Burrowers was ok, and I adore Dead Birds, but I'm greedy. These two genres just seem like they were made for each other. Does High Plains Drifter count? It certainly has the hint of supernatural horror. I'll leave that for others to debate. Either way, we need more, and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment. I'd particularly like to see more horror Westerns with monsters and not just the human kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment